Sunday, January 13, 2008

Artist's Hour, with puke

India is getting closer and closer. I’ve sent off my application for a visa, and this week I also sent off TM’s application for a PIO card (Person of Indian Origin card, so she won’t need a visa for about 5 years). I still need to find an apartment.

Yesterday I took some time for an Artist’s Hour, as my Aunt calls it. She says that if I don’t get creativity time, I’ll struggle interminably through my PhD. So yesterday I went to visit one of My husband’s friends who has a huge house and a huge yard to go with it. He wants to change it over to natives, and is doing a wonderful job, but is intimidated by the size of his lot. I told him that the first thing we need to do it map out his property and get a paper design going. So I’m going to the library sometime this week to find out how to get a plot map. I also need to figure out how to map out the huge oaks he has on his property. Then we’ll draw the ideal plan to our hearts’ content. Wheee!

It was a lot of fun, and I feel rejuvenated, except that TM puked all over his nice wood floor and her own clothes to boot. I can’t wait to hear what the gastroenterologist says. She puked again last night, poor kid. I never thought I could be so immune to puke. It’s getting quite interesting, actually.

I got comments back from my coauthors on our methods paper. Hopefully we’ll get it sent out again this week to the publishers. And this week I also have to run STRUCTURE (genetic analysis program) on my former undergraduate’s data. Gotta get her stuff moving.

Oh, did I tell you? I sold the Toyota Matrix! I went from $8200 to $7500 just to get it sold, but it’s gone! Now we can pay off the Hyundai Elantra and start buying a car in India. My husband will be pleased.

No comments: