Sunday, December 23, 2007

Progress and Christmas

The former undergraduate who did a wonderful study with me as part of an honor’s thesis is working with me to get her research published. Before I could really dig into the data analysis, I had to get the raw data into a form I could get my paws into. It’s taken me over a year to complete this relatively straightforward task, what with moving and LM and all. But I think the end is approaching! Luckily she’s still available to talk, having started an MS in the same school. Thank goodness. Once I get her paper out, then I can start working on my personal data! How exciting! She helped me collect a lot of that, too, which is wonderful. But my data is the set where I will be the uncontested first author, hooray!

It’s Sunday morning and LM’s still asleep. I’ll let her sleep until we absolutely have to get ready for church. Her nose seems to block up at night, right when it’s pretty awkward to use saline. I need to talk to her allergy doctor about it. I did, however, just get a referral to a gastroenterologist to figure out what the projectile vomiting is all about. Our insurance has gone through COBRA, and I think it’s all set up, so we also need to get the immunizations for India going.

We have a housefull, getting ready for Christmas. Every spare sleeping place in my Aunt&Uncle’s house is taken up, so when my husband comes to visit from India, I’ll be sleeping next to LM on 3 filing boxes lined up next to the bed. It’ll be interesting. We’re so excited to see him, though! And I finally called up one of our friends who is now in Bangalore, and she gave me lots of help (mostly moral support) with our upcoming move. She also asked, “You didn’t get LM a passport when she was born?” And I was forced to admit that for some reason, we didn’t. I highly recommend it, heh heh heh. Now we have to get her a passport (for which I need a notarized signature from my husband, by the way) and a PIO visa and a multiple entry visa for me. Yoikes.

Cheerio,
Rhamnites

No comments: